About Me . . .

Hello, my name is Haley Mills. I am an aspiring physical education teacher in my Junior year at South Alabama. I hope to graduate in May of 2011. I am looking forward to working in the field of physical education as I enjoyed physical activity and sports during school and I would like to help my future students feel the same way. I have found in my courses that education is a very involved career choice. At South, I have taken courses that will help with classroom management skills as well as learning about my content area.

Using Technology as a Tool

Technology is changing most aspects of school administration and classroom teaching. The use of technology should be an everyday occurrence in the school setting. A teacher that is open to the use of technology will find that students and parents will respond positively to the enhancements that technology allows.

Learning - Technology opens the door for teachers to learn new concepts and refresh ideas within most content areas. Books, web sites, online collaborative postings offer many opportunities for teachers to learn and expand their content base of knowledge with ease. In addition, further education in an online setting makes additional degrees while employed more convenient.

Communicating – Open communication with parents, peers, co-workers, administration and students is technology’s greatest use. Email, blogs, web sites and social networks allows the exchange of information between all interested parties.
Production – Technology can be used to create work products for the classroom, maintain student information and grades through school administrative software and utilize tools such as white boards, computers and web access for delivery of lesson plans.

As a teacher, I plan to utilize what I have learned in this class such as blogs and PLN’s to keep up to date on new technologies and information beneficial to myself and my students.