About Me . . .

Hello, my name is Haley Mills. I am an aspiring physical education teacher in my Junior year at South Alabama. I hope to graduate in May of 2011. I am looking forward to working in the field of physical education as I enjoyed physical activity and sports during school and I would like to help my future students feel the same way. I have found in my courses that education is a very involved career choice. At South, I have taken courses that will help with classroom management skills as well as learning about my content area.

Maintaining a positive attitude

A positive attitude is a great asset to anyone building a new career, especially to a new teacher. I believe that a great attitude will positively affect how students, co-workers and a school's administration will respond to you.

No one wants to work with someone that has a poor attitude because it can become contagious and negatively affect co-workers. A poor attitude lowers morale for a school's faculty and staff within any school which can trickle down to student behavior, grades and attitude as well.

Having a good attitude will have an opposite reaction within a school. A teacher with a good attitude will approach his/her job with enthusiasm. A good attitude will help positively affect a school's faculty and administration. This hopefully will lead to student's being more successful.

I want to always try to maintain a positive attitude about my students, school and content area. I know it will be hard to do, but it is necessary to be a good teacher.